Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Time!

This is going to be a busy week! Ashby and I are hanging out today and getting our house ready for our staff Christmas party tonight! I am so thankful that God is allowing us to minister with such a great group of people. This Sunday marks our 4 year anniversary on staff at South Union, but it feels like we have been here forever! I know that it is very easy to get so busy at this time of year that you fly through the season and never really think on why we celebrate Christmas. Not that we've forgotten or don't know, but Satan does what he does best and makes us too busy to concentrate on what really matters. When I was growing up we always had a stocking for Jesus on our mantel. On Christmas morning we would write a note to Jesus and tell him things that we hoped to do better in the coming year. This year we will be rereading all of those notes and I wonder what kind of job I have done on actually doing what I said I would do. I'm thankful for the way my parents raised me and I hope that Ashby will always be able to look back on Christmas traditions that brought her closer to God instead of what "stuff" she got. 
I hope that you can all take some time this week to thank God for sending his son as a baby to sacrifice his life for us so we could have an eternity with him!
Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing tradition...and even though I don't have a family of my own yet, I think I'm going to do that for myself. I can't wait to tell my friends about it! We could maybe do it all together and help each other with what we would like to accomplish. : ) I love you and hope you have a wonderful very Merry Christmas. Thank you for sharing your special moments. Love, Holly

Christina said...

Thanks Holly! I know you will make a great mommy one day!