Monday, January 3, 2011

Where Is Your Focus?

Have I ever said how much I love my church??? Well, I do! Every week I am challenged on Sunday morning during our worship service to be a better servant and follower of Jesus Christ. This Sunday we were challenged to refocus our lives on Christ. As I started to think of all the things I am focused on, I realized that God is one of those things but he is definitely not in the little box that indicates the main focus on my camera. This week I am striving to get him there! Some of you are probably a lot like me. There aren't a lot of sinful things (although there are a few) that stand in the way of my time spent with God, but it's things like playing with Ashby, cleaning, watching TV, facebooking, or just being lazy. My goal is to set aside a time each day where I can have real solitude time with God (not just time when I do my bible study while Ashby is running around playing). I challenge all of you to take a few minutes and figure out what it is that is taking time away from your relationship with God, good or bad and figure out how you can change things around a little so you can have a more focused relationship with him.

May we all make a direct effort this year to grow spiritually so that we can be a better witness to those around us and show them just how awesome our God really is!!

No comments: