Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another Step In The Right Direction

This week we got to spend some time with some of our best friends, the Smiths. We always know we are going to have a lot of fun when they get to visit! They are the type of friends that, it doesn't matter how long it's been since we've seen them, it's like we've never been apart! When we lived in Oklahoma, we were at their house all the time and Boomer fit right in with their boys. I think Boomer even thought they were his big brothers. Not long after Boomer passed away, Jessica told me that when I was ready, she wanted some of Boomer's shirts so that she could have a blanket made out of them. Through our grief journey we have been able to share the healing process with many people through many different things. So I am so glad that I waited on Jessica to be here with me to go through all of Boomer's clothes. The second day they were here, we got down all of the boxes out of the attic and went through all of his clothes, from birth to 2 years. I knew that the day I went through his clothes would be a hard day so I put it off as long as I could but i am so thankful that I have now done it and I picked out some very memorable clothes that I will be able to look at anytime I need to. I am so thankful to Jessica and her boys (Chad included) for all of their love and the support they have shown us through everything...we love you guys!!

No comments: