Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grandma's 90th Birthday!!!

My Grandma turned 90 on the 13th of this month and we had a huge party at the nursing home!



All of my dad's brothers and sisters that are still here were there and a lot of their kids.



I was unable to get a lot of pictures because I ran out of space on my camera, but the ones that I did get were pretty good. I hope you enjoy them.


My Grandma has been one of the biggest Christian influences in my life. I will never forget the times we would go and see her and she always had sugar cookies in the cookie jar just waiting on us to come and eat them up. When we would go over to her house (usually every Wednesday to cook dinner for her) the first thing my brother and I would do is go straight to the kitchen and check to see if there were any cookies. Most of the time we were not disappointed. The few times that we were we knew that Grandma was just getting a little tired and didn't have the energy to make them. One memory that I will always have of my Grandma is from one time when we visited her in the nursing home...
She lived in the nursing home in Troup for a while until she moved to the one she is in now. She loved it because she was always playing bingo or getting her nails or hair done. She has lots of friends there and many who have already received the ultimate healing and are in heaven. When we went Josh would take his guitar (sometimes) because one of her fravorite things is listening to her kids and grandkids sing. That particular night we only sang a few songs and we could tell she was getting tired so we decided to go ahead and leave. We all said our goodbyes and gave her hugs and kisses and made our way out the door. As we were walking down the hall I remember that I had moved her "grabber" (her extended arm that helps her reach just about anything without getting out of her chair) so I turned around to go put it back in it's normal place. When I got to the door I realized that she had her head bowed and she was praying. As I got a little closer I realized that she was praying for our family....
I will never forget the things that she has taught me and the things that she continues to teach me.
I hope that you have someone in your life who you can look up to like I look up to my Grandma! I hope this finds you having a wonderful day... Until next time...

No comments: