Saturday, October 4, 2008

Girls Night "In"

Man did we have fun last night. At about 5:45pm my doorbell rang and Kali went crazy. The first of my visitors had arrived. By 6:15 there were sounds of talking and laughter ringing out that I'm pretty sure you could hear all over our neighborhood. The Junior High girls d-team's "girls night in" was underway.


We had cheese dip and chips, brownies, pizza, a movie and manicures and pedicures all lined out.
First we started with the snacks. I truly believe that if you can make a girl comfortable with food you are going to have a lot of fun.


I made queso and brownies (which turned out yummy) and we ordered pizza from a new place in town called Milano's.


Brandi, Jaime and Heather came over to do toes and fingers and Raven Simone was the entertainment.
Overall the girls had a great time. They all left full, tired and with really cute finger nails and toe nails. I can't wait until we do another girls night!!


How do you really know what it is that God wants you to do with your life? I have asked myself this questions many times in my life. That's when I think about were do I fit in the most. For me the answer is when I am hanging out with a bunch of teenage girls! I can only think of a couple of things where I would have had as much fun as I did last night. If I can make a difference in a girls life by letting her come over and hang out at my house for just a little bit, then I will do that for the rest of my life.


Thank you God for allowing me to work for you!!
I hope this finds you having a wonderful day...until next time...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for being such an awesome mentor for our girls!!!! What a light you are shining in our town.

Love you,
YFL (get it?)

Christina said...

Hi Christina! I know you through my great friend and your great sister, Stacey. I've enjoyed getting to know you better through your blog. Aaaahh, to be a teenager again...so much zeal and energy!
You have a great name by the way!