Friday, September 17, 2010

Yesterday's Youth

Last night at church we had our annual Senior Appreciation Banquet. It was a time for our church staff to come together and serve the more mature members of our church (and our parents) who mean so much to us. Thanks to our church life minister, we had fried chickens, along with mashed potatoes, green beans, a roll and then dessert. Soon after dinner was served the church staff, and their lovely wives, were the entertainment for the evening. We sang a few great old songs and had a blast. I know that some people would think that an evening like this would be boring, but I look forward to it every year.
Every month, this same group comes together on a Thursday night to share food, memories, games and fun. We are always priveledged to enjoy this evening with them which is something I love. There are many things that I love about sharing this evening with our "Yesterday's Youth" like great food, stories, and lots of laughter, but my favorite part is just getting to sit and visit with the generation of our church that has made it what it is today. In my opinion, South Union Baptist Church is the greatest church in the world. The main reason for this is because of the members of Yesterday's Youth. I love each and every one of them and I am so thankful that they are such great examples of faithful followers of Christ!

No comments: