Thursday, September 16, 2010

Substitute Teaching

For any of you that don't know, I am a substitute teacher. I have been working at Daingerfield High School for about 2 and a half years and I really enjoy it. Some people have asked why I substitute at the high school when I want to teach elementary. Here are the reasons why...

At the high school level:
1. you don't have to memorize names
2. you don't have to take children to the restroom
3. if you work for a coach you usually have a shorter day
4. and I really like the staff in the office

When working at the elementary level:
1. you work all day and are standing most of the day
2. you don't have a big break in the middle of the day
3. you have to know all of the kids names
4. there is more work involved

Now I know some of you are thinking, "it sounds like she is just lazy!" But how many of you would rather do less work for the same amount of money? I know I would, plus I get to see all of our students when I work at the high school.

Thankfully I will be finished with college in a few short semesters and I will be the one calling for substitutes! I know the day I get to walk across that stage and declare to all of my family and friends that I am a college graduate will be a victorious day in my life and I can't wait for it!!!
Until then, just keep me in your prayers because I know that I'm gonna need it!

No comments: