Monday, September 28, 2009

Proud Wife!

When Josh came home from work today he was just beaming! He told me that a guy (Judson) that was a teenager when we were at Calvary in Henderson called him today. Then he started this long story about their conversation...



Judson recently went to the wedding of one of his best (girl) friends from high school. After the wedding he and a few of his friends were sitting around talking at one table and a couple tables over was the bride's father and some of his friends. He kept hearing the bride's father talking about this new youth minister in his town. Not knowing where he lived, he didn't really pay much attention. Here and there he would catch a thing or two that was being said about this youth minister. Things like, our principal loves him, our secretaries love him, even a few of the teachers have said great things about him. He is at the school all the time; at football games, volleyball games and he is seen doing stuff all over town. He also heard that he has been one of the greatest influences on the kids in his town and he is really making a difference in their community. When he got to the part about the youth minister's two year old son passing away about a year and a half ago Judson's ears perked up. He leaned over to their table and said, "Are you talking about Josh Croswell?" The man (the superintendent of Daingerfield/Lone Star ISD) said,"Yeah, that's who I'm talking about, how do you know him?" Judson went on to tell him that Josh is one of the reasons he makes the good decisions that he makes, and that he (and Josh King) was one of the biggest influences on him when he was a teenager!



Wow, what a compliment!! I am so proud to call Josh Croswell my husband and I am so thankful that he is allowing God to use him in such a huge way! I don't think I could be any more proud, even if something like that was said about me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, i'm bawling right now. Please give him a big hug from me!!!

mamoo said...

Another "WOW"..Christina, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine when Josh's dad and I dedicated our precious baby boy to God's service while in the Roswell,NM hospital nearly 31 years ago, that God would use him in such a great way as He is using him today with the youth.. all because of God's love and Josh's willingness to be used by Him...and yes, I am a proud mom to have a son through which others can see Christ..It is a double honor when you can hear others speak so highly of your children. Ditto this for Dad..MOM

Debbie said...

Well, I am sitting here with tears of joy streaming down my cheeks. I have always said I could not love Josh more if he had come out of my womb. It is because of things like this that I say that. Pride is something we have to keep a handle on, but I can say right now how proud Margaret, Stanley and I am of him, and if James is looking down he would be saying, I am so proud of you son. We pray that God will continue to use both of you in a great way.