Friday, November 28, 2008

Josh's 30th Birthday!

For the past three years I have been hearing..."Christina, I am almost 30!!!" So I thought what a better way to bring in the BIG 30 for Josh than to have a surprise party with some of our closest friends! The planning started about 2 months before the party. I wanted to make sure everything was just right. My mom made the cake, I took care of decorations (with help from Prissy, Brandi, Tara, Larry, and Stacey...thanks for making the streamers look awesome), and my brother grilled all the hamburgers! There were a couple of times when I thought it was not going to happen. I also thought that he already knew what was going on but everything was perfect. Since we are right in the middle of hunting season in East Texas I figured that would be the best way to lure him away from the house. So I called our friend Tony and set up a hog hunting trip for Josh, my dad and my brother in law. They left at about 3 and that's when it all got crazy. We started running around trying to get everything ready. With my mom, my sister, and some friends we got it all done pretty quick. By 5:30 everyone was at the house...cars hidden and being very quiet waiting on the right moment to scream...SURPRISE!!!!! He got there at about 6 and he was totally surprised. Everything went as planned and the party was a success. We had such a great time with all of our friends and family. Thanks to everyone who spent the evening with us celebrating Josh reaching a milestone!

No comments: