Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Boomer Kisses!

One of my favorite things is hugs and kisses from my babies! Before Boomer passed away he had started giving me "big lip" kisses. He would grab my cheeks and stick his lips out as far as he could and then give me a kiss. That was one of the things I missed so much after his accident! I longed to hear his voice, hold him in my arms, and get big lip kisses. Well, this week, Ashby has started giving Boomer Kisses! She can't quite pucker up like he did but she has started grabbing my face and giving me kisses! I love it!!! I just tell her to give me a Boomer kiss and she grabs my face with those precious little hands and pulls my face to hers and it is the best feeling in my world right now!! She has no idea what she is doing to me when she does things like that. Isn't it awesome how God knows just how to take care of you? I don't know why he had to take Boomer so early, but I do know why he gave Ashby to us when he did. He knew that she was exactly what we needed for just a time as this!
I hope everyone finds something this week that God is doing just for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do have a blog follower...and i love reading it!!
aunt trac

Myers' said...

You're inspiring me to start back... who knows maybe I will, maybe I won't, but I love reading your thoughts and I love you!!

mamoo said...

As I have said in different ways before, your writings give me such warm fuzzies and as long as Ashby gives those precious "Boomer Kisses" to us, I hope you continue to write. You do inspire and encourage me. Love, Mamoo